Friday, October 28, 2011

*My 1st Time* Using a Dotting Tool!

Hello Readers,

Well, I finally picked up some dotting tools and had a little fun. I can definitely see how you can get precise little circles with a steady hand and a special technique. I noticed that when I dipped it in the polish 'puddle' every time the circle was more opaque and came out better. 

I used OPI's 'Alpine Snow' and 'What's with the cattitude?' and L'Oréal's ''Amazon's Flare'.

OPI's 'Alpine Snow' and 'What's with the cattitude?' and L'Oréal's ''Amazon's Flare'

OPI's 'Alpine Snow' and 'What's with the cattitude?' and L'Oréal's ''Amazon's Flare'

OPI's 'Alpine Snow' and 'What's with the cattitude?' and L'Oréal's ''Amazon's Flare'

OPI's 'Alpine Snow' and 'What's with the cattitude?' and L'Oréal's ''Amazon's Flare'

OPI's 'Alpine Snow' and 'What's with the cattitude?' and L'Oréal's ''Amazon's Flare'

  • OPI 'Alpine Snow' - I hated the consistency; it was very goppy/sticky which made it hard to control. It was also hard to smooth it out as it streaked very easily. I used three coats for opacity. You can find this polish for under $6 on eBay all the way up to $12+, I believe you can still find this at Ulta as well.
  •  OPI 'What's with the Cattitude? - This is such a great color, it's not too bright and is almost a 'sky' blue. The application was typical of a pastel type, but it covered well with 3 coats. This polish can be found from around $10 - $15+, it's from the Shrek Collection.
  • L'Oréal 'Amazon's Flare' - This is a jelly hot pink that's airs on the cool side of pink. It's almost a neon, but not quite. I liked the application; the formula was easy to work with and I like L'Oréal's brush. You can get this at Rite Aid and anywhere else they sell L'Oréal products, it was $4.99 and totally worth it!

This was a fun look and I enjoyed playing around! I thought the colors worked well together too. The pink didn't work too well on the blue color since it's more of a sheer jelly formula.

What do you guys think? I hope you enjoyed the pics ^_^


Cheers,
Bridget

5 comments:

Morie said...

I love the colors you chose, they look great together and you also did a wonderful job with the dotting.

Unknown said...

Heyyy! I'm the crazy blogger girl that works at Ulta. :)

Your blog is super cute and very well put together. I also love that we share some mutual polish friends! I'm adding you to my blog roll so that I can keep up with you.

Great to meet you! ♥

Anonymous said...

This is really sweet!

Maria said...

you did an awesome job with ur dotting tool! love the color combo!

bmwmchick said...

Thanks for the comments ladies!!

Post a Comment

I read every single comment and appreciate every one very much. If you ever have any questions, contact me via twitter @bmwmchick or on IG @bmwmchick. Thank you for reading and taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment! ♥